Monday, February 12, 2007

I have magnets in my ear

So, today after I had lunch w/ E, I had one of these little anxiety attacks that have been haunting me lately. I'll be sitting somewhere, minding my own business and thinking of a perfectly rational thing... all of a sudden, a blast from the past occurs: I begin obsessing over a situation that happened a long time ago and how I made a weird joke or didn't respond to someone as I should have.... As you all know, I am prone to some neuroses, but this is an entirely new one... and I don't like it.

So, I had one today at lunch and E said, "you should go get acupuncture." I was doing it last fall, and I wasn't the biggest fan of my practitioner. So, I stopped. We had friends over yesterday, though, and one of them suggested a new office. I tried them out today. the CA was very knowledgeable about fertility (something my first needed to brush up on, at best.) The appt was about 2 hours long w/ the personal history yada yada... Then the needles. I rec'd needles for my kidneys, reproductive system and for anxiety. Ahhhhhhhhh (contented sigh.)

Just before I left, for a little extra ovulatory stimulation, the acupuncturist put two tiny magnets in my right ear. You have to get up close and personal to see them, but if you see me rubbing my ear, you know that I'm working on my fertility. Tonight, I'm as calm and focused as ever. Going back next week for sure! (After that, we will be pregnant - fingers crossed.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I go for my second treatment tonight!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you feel better after going! Cathy never put magnets in my ears... I'll have to get on her about this. We're probably looking at a Tues/Wed. IUI so we'll be buddies this cycle. Best of luck to all of us!