Tuesday, March 4, 2008

So far, so good

I finally picked up the prick monitor last night, and I even figured out how to work it. I don't go in for my consult until Thursday, so based on what I read in the manual and the internets I'm testing and seeing how I do.

So far, I've passed every time. I have been more conscientious about what I'm eating (e.g. pairing my apple w/ peanut butter rather than eating it by its lonely little self), but I've not changed what I/we eat significantly. Saturday afternoon, I felt like the midwife was handing me (though not her fault) a prison sentence. Today, I realize that I'm just in a minimum security facility. No ice cream, no cake, no cookies... fine. I must do without the juice too. I'm just grateful that I don't have to eat steaks and give up fruit. That would be my nightmare.

We'll see what they say on Thursday night. I'm sure I/we will learn much more, but for now I'm going to stick with making sensible choices as my body seems to be doing just fine. Yahoo!

Another bonus, my manager offered me a promotion yesterday. Of course, I took it. Just what I needed after a weekend with some rough news.

14 comments:

Alissa said...

I 100% believe in listening to what your body needs, you know it the best! Sounds like you're doing everything right.

ohchicken said...

congratulations on the promotion! i'm so glad the nutritional changes aren't too invasive.

Anonymous said...

Congrats from me too! Woo!

Anonymous said...

Promotion? Nice one! Good luck on managing your diet to keep this in check - seems you're fully clued up and doing a great job.

Lizzie said...

Yay you! Good job keeping the nutrition under control.

tbean said...

Yay for the diet changes being easy so far and BIG HUGE DOUBLE YAY on the promotion! Congrats!

R said...

Congrats on the promotion! Sorry I haven't been around lately. I've been wallowing in my self pity. I'm trying to come out of it and I just wanted to say thank you again for all your kind words. I can't believe the baby will be here in 60 days!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with all things nutritional and continued success with all of the pricks....keep those great read-out numbers coming. Congratulations for the job promotion and the recognititon. Thank you for a wonderful weekend. I am always impressed with the love and support the two of you showcase. Love. Dad

kwillmetta said...

Prick monitor sounds fairly obscene...it's called a glucometer, ducky.

Big fat congrats on the promotion! Woo Hoo!

*G* said...

Sounds like you'll have relatively few changes to make to your eating habits, so hopefully it will make these last couple of months that much easier to get through.

Congrats on the promotion!

Holly said...

I'm sorry the numbers are high, but you are right, it's not a total prison sentence.

CONGRATS on the promotion! You deserve it!

NotesFrom2Moms said...

i'm so glad you are able to absorb the food choices without too much heartache.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Promotion, S! Try not to worry about the sugar stuff. You know all about the right foods to eat, and keep gettin in that exercise and you should do just fine. If you need some tips, my boss has had diabetes for 30 years and has the inside scoop about how to manage it easily. Just so you know you have a friend lookin out for you in CA.
Love , lil c

teakettle3 said...

Congrats on the promotion. Keep up the good work with the sugars!