Wednesday, March 5, 2008

31 weeks

Wow! 31 weeks...that means we are in the single digits on weeks left-ish. S likes to remind me that the average first time pregnancy goes 8 days past due date! I really hope that is right because I have so much to do here at work and home before my son arrives!

Things are moving along. Perhaps this weekend we will get some sewing and painting done to finish the nursery so we can move on to the other house repair modifications needed before he arrives.

On another note, our name games continues and about five more have been added to this list. We just figured out that actually writing the name makes a difference to us. As of today we are on the same page...I'm sure that will change!!!!

Last note, a big day in WI for us yesterday, Favre retired. HOW ANNOYING WAS THAT!!!! Every station's news was 20 min of Favre and 2 min (if that) of news yesterday. As non-native Wisconsinites, we are pleased to see him go so we don't have to hear the 6 months of wondering if he will retire or not. Farewell Favre, it was a good run. We will not miss hearing about you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my - I can't believe how close you are! We were hoping to have that typical first pregnancy that goes a week past the due date, but Ribbit had other ideas. Hopefully you'll get the majority of your stuff finished soon so that you can sit back, relax, & fully soak up these last remaining days of your pregnancy. Good luck!

NotesFrom2Moms said...

so i was counting last night and realized that I have 30 weeks to go... I can't believe you guys are this far along. I feel like I've been reading your blog forever. Here's to a happy and healthy 9 weeks...

Anonymous said...

i can't believe how close you are! very very exciting. be well love. ox

CanadianMama said...

"My son", isn't that so cool to say! I'm feeling the same way as you though. I have way too much to do before this little guy arrives - eek!

Anonymous said...

I was on a plane when he retired -- JetBlue, so I was watching TV -- and was surprised to find myself tearing up during the press conference. Although really, I occasionally cry at commercials...so I'm not sure why it was surprising.