Wednesday, March 12, 2008

32 weeks: a Tuesday afternoon

I had a very pregnant moment yesterday afternoon.

Sitting at my computer,I dropped a vitamin, which then rolled just under my desk. I thought I could reach it from my chair (my arms probably are long enough, now we’ll never know). So, I opened my legs wide to make room for my tummy and I took the lazy ladies way of bending and reaching such that I didn’t have to actually get up and out of the chair.

Of course, I slid right off the chair, onto my arse. Then, I had to –after thankfully remembering to actually grab the vitamin while I was down there – roll myself upright again to get up off the floor. I think I rocked back and forth 3 times before gaining enough momentum to get up on my hands and knees! No one saw me (and thus missed out on a good laugh), but I was out of breath for a good 20 seconds!

Before pregnancy, I could have easily fallen out of my chair on my own. The rocking to gain momentum though, is a uniquely pregnant phenomenon.

11 comments:

Alissa said...

What a beautiful moment! :)

Chris K said...

Where was the hidden camera?? Too Funny!!

Evillage said...

You are the cutest!

bleu said...

SO adorable.

Anonymous said...

Oh! It's moments like these that make me remember the excitement of why I want to be pregnant. xo

Anonymous said...

you are so funny these days! i love "third trimester S". she reminds me of "festival S". minus the cheez-its.

miss and love you both - C (and c)

NotesFrom2Moms said...

again... I laughed out loud at your post. Oh the joys of a round round belly!

Ali said...

That is so funny!

Dr. Grumbles said...

Thinking of those weeble wobble toys right now!

Really, what engineer designed the pregnant body?

Kim aka Mommy said...

You're ok right? Yes? Ok now I'll laugh! :o)

Holly said...

LOL! What a perfect moment. When Lois was pregnant and she would lay on the floor for her back, I called her "the turtle" when she would try to roll over to get up. ;-)