Sunday, November 4, 2007

Painted Nursery

The nursery is (mostly) painted! We spent all day yesterday painting the trim and the walls. We were working until nearly 11pm! (Which, as you all should know, is at least 2 hours past my bedtime, if not more!) It looks wonderful! We chose "Gobi Dessert" for the walls, and we painted the trim "Ostrich Egg". We aren't yet ready to post pictures because we have some other artistic touches to add, but we got a lot of work done yesterday!

Today we will be cleaning the house (aka, finally taking care of the piles of dishes in the kitchen) and getting ready for our very dear friends C&C to visit us on Thursday! I'm also hoping to get a jump on the baby quilt as we have plans to attend a craft group on Wednesday, and I would like to work on it that evening. So, lots of baby prep going on here. E really deserves a lot of the credit for getting this big job done. I, of course, need to stop and eat and/or rest every little while, so she was left working by herself on several occasions. She also really drove this project- as soon as she got up yesterday morning, she was moving and shaking in the nursery (b/c it's definitely no longer an office!). We're so excited for this baby!!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats very exciting. I can't wait to see pictures!

tbean said...

Can't wait to see the pics---have you started thinking about furniture for this nursery???

Ali said...

Very exciting!! Can't wait to see the finished product. :-)

K J and the kids said...

I want to see pictures. Damn you for posting and not showing. :)

Keri said...

I have so been exactly where you were yesterday. All the joy you explained...I just re-lived it with you.
I'm so damn excited for you girls! & can't wait to see where this baby will sleep! (or not...)

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see the pictures. Your enthusiasm is infectious.

Anonymous said...

Our living room is Gobi Desert...I feel like I already have an idea of what the baby's room looks like. :)
I'm so excited for you guys.