Monday, November 5, 2007

Heartbeats, breastfeeding, and velcro shoes

Today we hear the Tot's heartbeat again. We head to the MW today for a check up, some "teaching" (we kinda hate that they always say they are going to do some teaching), and likely an "exam". It is the first time we have been back since we took our trip to the medical world for the ultrasound. I don't the MW was a big fan of us doing that but who cares! It is our health care and pregnancy after all. They talk a big game about make it all about your pregnancy and you guide the services so that is what we did! :)

On another note, I will be telling the MW today that I am interested in inducing lactation. I'm not sure what kind of regimen that will consist of but I have decided it is the best choice for me, the Tot, and S. I'm actually kind of excited about it. I started to tell people at work so that when I start pumping at work (which could be in a few months) they don't think I'm crazy. I find (as many of us that live "alternative lifestyles" do) that allowing people space to let the things in my life that challenge the norm sink in, they have a better reaction. Ug, the things we do for the "straights"! :)

Last thing, S wants me to share with you all that sometimes people that wear black velcro shoes creep me out. There, now you all can have time to let that sink in and hopefully you will still respect me and my feelings. :)


Happy Monday!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

You are very funny. Stupid black velcro shoes- why would anyone wear THOSE!!?

K J and the kids said...

Good for you. I hope that it works out that you are able to breastfeed.
Black velcro people freak me out a little too. If they aren't 90 and wearing those one piece jumpsuit things....or mentally impaired.

Anonymous said...

Hey those shoes are comfortable and very user friendly. I mean come on, think about how much MORE time you would have in your day if you didn't spend all that time tying and un-tying your shoes all day long. So does this mean I can't wear my black velcro shoes when I come to visit on Thursday? Please advise.
Love ya,
Lil c

Keri said...

Why would someone wear those shoes? It only makes sense if you're a robber...on a bike.
Have fun hearing your baby tonight! She'll be saying, "i'm a girl. i'm a girl!" :)

Dr. Grumbles said...

I totally get the black velcro shoes thing. they are just icky.

Good luck with acclimating the co-workers to your breastfeeding goals.

Unknown said...

And the only thing worse than black velcro shoes are black velcro shoes with white socks....and shorts.

kwillmetta said...

Okay...(sigh)..fine...I'll get new shoes for the baby shower.....

Kay

R said...

WOnderful story!! Thanks so much for sharing it and giving us hope!!

MaMaMia said...

How did the appointment go??????

CD and SP said...

that's definitely of old man-hood. i hate them, too. my 8th grade english teacher did, and he smelled bad to boot. it's a wonder i ever decided to become an english teacher myself with role models like that!