Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Telling our families we're PREGNANT

Keri asked if telling our families was cute - it definitely went well. We have been very up front with them that we were trying over the last two years as we wanted them to support us when we were successful. Of course, we didn't realize it would take so long, but -for the most part- our famililes have been quite supportive through everything.

E called her dad about five minutes after our positive test, and her brother and sister in law shortly thereafter. We told our friends C&C that morning too. I also told my sister B the morning we found out. I called her a few times and then started calling her husband's phone b/c she didn't answer. When she finally answered his phone, she said, "what's wrong" b/c I'd called so many times. I lost my ear drum when I told her the news; she was so excited.

I did consider not telling my mom right away because she sometimes responds in ways that hurt my feelings, but I certainly didn't give her enough credit this time. I called her on Saturday, and her response was fantastic. She said it worked this time because she's been praying "extra hard" this month for us. News to me that she had been praying (or thinking of us) at all, and it certainly meant a lot to me. She said she was so happy for us over and over again. I told her on her birthday, so I feel good about that too.

We told K&B when they arrived on Friday, and we called my sister P after I told my mom. So, that's it. The cat's out of the bag. We are pregnant and our families all know. Rumor has it other people we know in real life read this blog too. To you - and anyone else in blogland that reads us - I ask that you delurk and leave a comment, so we know you know. We'd love to hear from you!

17 comments:

Merr said...

That is great that so many people are so happy for you guys. Some people questioned us about telling people so early on. Well it is hard not to, especiallly when they know you are trying every month.
I am new to your blog and am excited to read about your pregnancy as we go through ours!

Anonymous said...

YEA! Your little sis can sure keep a secret because we saw her and her beautiful girls on Saturday and she didn't say a thing. I usually check this once or twice a week but we had been on the road for ten days and of course that's when the good stuff gets posted. We (me and B) are so happy for you. Take good care of yourself, and enjoy your success!

Anonymous said...

I've been reading for a while and I'm so glad to hear your good news. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Delurk??? I seriously question whether I have ever done so....but I must tell you, your cat is out of the bag at ORS too. Many well wishes for you both.

Last night I headed over to my sister's, and I cuddled my new BFF Skeeter (2 months on Sunday.) I was tell him all the fun things he was going to do with Aunt KayKay when he was older, like finger paints and gumball machines, and he smiled. Instant heart melt! I thought of your great news, and I was all happy for you all over again. xxxooo
Kay

Anonymous said...

Your PREGNANT!!! Congratulations!
Will you go to the MI Women's Festival next year or will it to soon after the birth? My DP and I plan on being there to celebrate our 10yrs. I will be pregnant; I will be pregnant; I will be pregnant or maybe I won't be there because it will be to soon after the birth. It sounded like you had a great time there.
Congrats again. I hope you have a H&H 9mos.

Keri said...

Thanks for the details ladies! Now they're written in stone and you can re-read them to your little guy (or girl) when (s)he get's here!

Can't wait!

Holly said...

I am so excited that everyone is so happy for you! It's funny how the people you are not sure will be supportive really step to the plate (like Lois' mother too!)
Congratulations again! We are so ecstatic for you two!

Kim aka Mommy said...

So nice to hear your family is excited and supportive. That really helps!

Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you both!

Cagney said...

WOW!!! many congrats to you both, I bet you're so excited, it's a truly wonderful feeling. Keep on blogging so we get to know how it goes :~)

K J and the kids said...

I KNOW !
Ok, so I'm not delurking per se....but I'm one who is THIRLLED for you both and I'm telling EVERYONE I know :)

ajs4ever said...

I'm so glad everyone took the super news well! I'm sure it feels good to let your family know:)

La said...

We've enjoyed reading your blog. Congratulations to you both!

Anonymous said...

The Rosens can't wait to meet your little sprinkle! We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Awh, how cool that you told your mom on her birthday! What a great present for her. I'm so happy for you both, not only for the pregnancy, but for a supportive family!

Anonymous said...

I know! I know! Although since I'm not a lurker, does it count? In any case, again, I'm SO HAPPY for you and the baby. You need to figure out what food it is now, size-wise; I share an office with a girl who's pregnant and there's something online which tells you what size the baby is every week. I remember when hers was just a jumbo shrimp...

Leezah said...

yay! t-driver can be fine driving y'all with a baby seat in the back, FYI. :)