Friday, August 8, 2008

Keepin on

Quite the lively conversation in the comments from our last post! Erin thought we should probably start burning coal in the back yard, at least until we get the minivan squared away. I think we should burn old tires instead. Thoughts?

Sorry for the lack of posts. We're chugging along here at the Village, just kind of busy. Grandpa is here, hanging out with A all day long. They read stories, do tummy time, sit in the Bum.bo and walk Gladys. I'm not sure who is having more fun! I'm back at work, and our lives are starting to feel - dare I say it? - normal! Going back to work hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would be. I would still rather be with A, but I like working too.

On the minivan front, I think we're probably going to go shopping next weekend. This weekend, we decided, spur of the moment, to put a bunch of stuff we don't want in the front yard and see if anyone will buy it a la "yard sale". We're not putting much work into it, just enough to sell some clothes, barstools and a few other things. Come on big money!

I really am enjoying the idea of a relatively drama-free life for a few months. We are looking for homeostasis, and I think we're approaching some semblence of balance. We've got some kinks to work out, like a bed time schedule and getting prepared the night before, but we're getting there. I'm just so happy to be worrying about these sorts of issues. Speaking of which, A keeps leaking out of his cloth diapers. Tips? Tricks? Info? Resources?

4 comments:

bleu said...

I do not know if you are cloth or disposable but I can tell you with cloth it means you need to try another type or shape. Their little bodies will fit one better than another and when they fit they leak way less.

So glad things are normalizing.

Much love.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like everything is going very well - it's about time! :)
Good luck selling the bar stools this weekend. Hopefully it's not raining where you are...
xo.

Heather said...

I'm glad that things are starting to normalize around the village..

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

Glad things are starting to feel more normal.

One word - gussets. We use bummis diaper covers with the gussets and they hardly ever leak. Only if we forget to change him for more than a few hours. I don't know if you're using all in ones or covers, but there's my two cents.