Friday, September 5, 2008

We made it to Friday

I admit it: I've had a really hard week. It was a short week, but this one's been a bugger for me. I'm just not adjusting well to our new life. I hate that I have to leave my son at daycare. I have a lot of frustration at my job. I wish that we were closer to family. Throw in A's 4 month shots, and it's a recipe for tears and stress. Poor E, yesterday she was fielding teary calls from me, and picking up A from daycare because he was so crabby. I'm glad it's Friday.

A's 4 month check up did go well though. He's jumped up on the growth curve. He was hovering in the 10-15 percentiles for all of his measurements, but now that he eats all breast milk all of the time, he's jumped up to the 20-25 percentiles. So big!! Nothing else noteworthy, which is also a good thing.

So, here's to hoping that we have a relaxing and productive weekend. I need a mental break from work, and I need to get organized around the house. E would probably second that motion so that I'm not such a crazy person next week.

7 comments:

bleu said...

I am so sorry, I cannot imagine how difficult it must be.

Much love hun.

Anonymous said...

'm sorry work and childcare is proving so rough for you. I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your thriving son.

Anonymous said...

Aw. Hugs to you all from me... I hope you have as stress-free a weekend as possible. xx

For the Long Haul said...

Hang in there. The worst part is the beginning when you are all adjusting to the new "life." It will get better. My son has been in daycare since he was 3 months old and it was truly heartbreaking in the beginning. But things will calm down. Just take it one day at a time and live for those weekends when it is just the 3 of you. Hang in there, I am sending you big internet hugs. :)

Anonymous said...

I hope it's just been 1 of those weeks and you'll be feeling better by next week. It's so hard to be a new Mom and leave your child in daycare - especially when they are so young. But, you're not the only one, very few people are lucky enough to be able to stay home. When he gets older you'll be able see some advantages of him being in daycare (for example - being well socialized and and "go with the flow" easier") Hang in there - I'm sure it will get better.

docgrumbles said...

well, you made it through.

Glad A is growing big and strong!

Anonymous said...

Blech -- hopefully this next week is less stressy. Maybe the onset of fabulous Fall weather will help?